Thursday, March 31, 2011

Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)

Today I'm going to share my experience of having UTI.
It's totally not cool and not fun to have it at all. =(

So, on Monday when I went to pass urine, I felt this sharp pain when I was urinating and there's blood.
Eeewwwww, GROSS?
To me, it's not gross BUT I'm more of scared.
There wasn't much urine even though I WANTED to urine SO BADLY leh.
Went to the toilet a couple of times and I still had the same problem.
The feeling is like, you want to urine but yet cannot.

Sad eh?
I kept crying each time I urine cos it's PAIN! =(
Immediately I told Precious B about it and he asked me not to worry.
If the pain still persists the next day, then we'll go consult the doc.

When I woke up, I still had the pain.
Then I smsed my Darling Sophia (who works in a Hospital) if she has any clue what is it.
She suspected that I might contracted UTI and told me to consult the doc soon to get medication.

True enough, after I went to the doc, he told me that I'm on a 5 days medication now.
He gave me a few reasons to why this will happen.

1) I hold my bladder too long.
2) I did not drink enough water.
3) While having sex, the bacteria attacked.

Anyway, my dear girlfriends..... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... drink more water, go toilet often!
For 2 days, I hated going to the toilet to urine because I'll feel the pain.
So please ah, keep yourself away from UTI! =)

Well, here are 3 websites to share which I've found online with regards to UTI.
1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urinary_tract_infection
2) http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000521.htm
3) http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/bladderhealth/a/UTI.htm

Btw, my medical bills for this cost S$167 ok!
SO DAMN BLOODY EXPENSIVE.
And it was my very first time paying such expensive medical bills and urine into a urine bottle. Heehee.

I've learnt my lesson already.
Paid S$167 to learn this painful lesson.